Canada’s innovative pharmaceutical companies are joining forces with partners from across the life science ecosystem to increase the chances of finding lifesaving and life-changing medicines.
Innovative Medicines Canada sponsors projects that generate awareness, create educational programs and improve access to innovative medicines.
Find out if your project is eligible
Thank you for thinking of Innovative Medicines Canada as a potential partner. We have developed a set of criteria to help you determine whether your project is a good fit for Innovative Medicines Canada sponsorship.
We look for proposals that clearly state strategic priorities aligned with our own. This way, we build opportunities for longer-term partnerships and alliances, particularly in the following areas:
- access to innovative medicines
- health advocacy and improving the health of Canadians
- disease awareness initiatives
- health and science education programs
Priority will be given to key partners, such as:
- patient and consumer groups
- healthcare professionals
- academic community
- business community
- life sciences sector
Organizations seeking funding must be clear about the following:
- how their application aligns with Innovative Medicines Canada’s Mission Statement
- their adherence to Innovative Medicines Canada’s Code of Ethical Practices
- their adherence to Innovative Medicines Canada’s Guidelines for Transparency in Stakeholder Funding
We must receive your proposal by the following quarterly deadlines:
|Application Deadline||Decision Date||Funds Flow|
|January 1||March 1||April 1|
|April 1||June 1||July 1|
|July 1||September 1||October 1|
|October 1||December 1||January 1|
Types of funding and amount of support
Innovative Medicines Canada supports organizations either through unrestricted grants or by sponsorships – most often to a maximum of $10,000.
- arts and cultural programs and entertainment
- individual attendance at conferences, seminars and similar activities
- fundraising or participatory events such as tournaments, auctions, benefits, dinners
- other ticket purchases that are not elements of a broader arrangement or partnership
- programs that do not align with at least one of our strategic objectives
Once you apply
When we receive your proposal, you will receive an acknowledgement by email. Due to the large volume of requests, we are unable to respond to telephone, fax or email inquiries on the status of your request. We appreciate your patience.
Please know that we will respond to all proposals by the set deadlines for decisions (see above).
We appreciate your interest and we look forward to reviewing your proposal. Should you have any questions please contact [email protected].